Monday, July 13, 2009

Worthy of Note



Two "news" items I read this morning that have stuck with me all day...

Headline: Swearing Makes Pain More Tolerable
LiveScience - That muttered curse word that reflexively comes out when you stub your toe could actually make it easier to bear the throbbing pain, a new study suggests.

Swearing is good for you? I fucking knew it!


Headline: Jon Gosseling, Girlfriend Enjoy Night Out with Ed Hardy Fashion Designer
US Magazine- Jon Gosseling and Hailey Glassman -- the 22-year-old daughter of Kate's tummy-tuck surgeon -- enjoyed a night on the town with Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier in St. Tropez, France, Sunday..... ....The father of eight and Audigier are planning to launch "a line of children's clothing," Audigier told E! News over the weekend."

I admit that I have never seen even a single episode of that reality show. That makes me either fruity or fabulous, I'm not sure which. Even when I found out friends knew the Gosseling's neighbors, I didn't tune in. It wasn't until the marital sh#% hit the fan that I paid any attention. But here's what gets me most about this story:


  1. How proud the surgeon and his wife must be of their lovely young daughter. To have aimed so high as to romantically and openly link herself with an immature, narcissistic, recently-separated media whore and father of eight. I'm sure they'll still be together, co-raising the twins and sextuplets in years to come. ROFL.
  2. Who on earth would consider either Gosseling a good spokesperson for anything child-related, especially Jon? Reminds me of Brooke Shield's Calvin Klein ads from the 70s..."Nothing comes between me and my Hardy's...not marriage, kids or two chicas on the side."


No comments: